CEO Otto Lindner describes the start of the Lindner hotel group as "rather organic" and smiles. Because when his father, the architect Otto Lindner, built the 19-storey building in the new Düsseldorf service centre "Am Seestern" in 1970, where the Lindner Congress Hotel is located today, he still had another form of real estate in mind. But Lindner decided to run the hotel himself and founded the forerunner of Lindner Hotels & Resorts on 26 July 1973.
Not just better. Different.
40 years later, they belong to the innovation and concept market leaders in the European hotel industry. Since 2000 alone, the number of Lindner Hotels has tripled.
Theme and concept innovations include
- the first multimedia-,
- the first stadion-,
- the first zoo theme- and
- the first motorsportshotel as well as
- Takeovers, repositionings and related turn-around success stories of houses from economically difficult situations.
The Lindner Hotels & Resorts position themselves with individual holiday and business concepts, high quality standards and innovative spa offers, paired with the respective regional influences in the city and resort hotel industry. The Lindner Resorts also include golf, sports and family hotels. All are operated in Germany, Austria, Spain, Belgium, Switzerland, the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic.
Basis of our actions
For Lindner Hotels AG, as a family-run company, it is important to have a uniform language and guidelines to strengthen and uphold our values. Our values are traditionally shaped. We believe that business should be conducted honestly, fairly and with respect for other people, their dignity and their rights. We understand compliance to mean the correct conduct of the company and our employees - legally, economically and also ethically. Our Code of Conduct supports the common corporate philosophy and sets out standards of behaviour by which we run the company. (zum ganzen Verhaltenskodex)
- For his innovative strategy with unusual hotel concepts, Otto Lindner, a business graduate and second-generation board member of Lindner Hotels AG, was named "Hotelier of the Year". Among other things, the jurors recognised the opening of the first stadium hotel in Germany, the Lindner Hotel BayArena in Leverkusen.
- In 2009, the zoo-themed Lindner Park-Hotel Hagenbeck was named "Hotel Property of the Year".
And business travellers voted Lindner second place as "Best Hotel Group for Business Travellers in Germany" in the Business Traveller Awards 2014.
- In the human resources sector, Lindner won the Hospitality HR Award for the second time.
In the study "Germany's Best Employers", the news magazine Focus awarded silver to the Düsseldorf-based family business in the category "Medium-sized Tourism Company".
- At the didacta education trade fair, the GR!PS e-learning offer developed by Lindner was also awarded the eLearning Award 2014 in the category "Best Learning Platform".
- Lindner's golf expertise has also been honoured several times: The readers of the Golf Journal voted the Lindner Hotel & Sporting Club Wiesensee into the top 10 best golf hotels two times in a row. The Golf-Resort Weimarer Land was also declared the best new golf course in Germany by a jury of experts from the golf magazine in the very first year of its existence.